Our School Council enables pupils to be involved in making the school an even better place.
Early in the Autumn term each class from Year 2 to Year 6 elects two members for the School Council. The pupils are given an opportunity, in class, to explain how they would represent their class and then the votes are cast.
The School Council representatives meet at least once a term to:
- Give a pupil voice to the running of the school
- Be consulted on changes and developments
- Raise ideas and concerns raised by their peers
- Put forward proposals to resolve problems
- Suggest ideas to improve the school
The children thoroughly enjoy being a member of the School Council and take pride in attending meetings and having the opportunity to make an important contribution to raising standards in all aspects of school life.